Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria listed in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook and the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships Policy Handbook.
To be eligible to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants from Vanuatu must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February 2020
- be a citizen of Vanuatu
- not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases
- not be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, hold permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand or be applying for a visa to live in Australia or New Zealand permanently
- not be applying for another long-term Australia Award Scholarship unless they have resided in Vanuatu for twice the length of their scholarship in Australia, or two years if their scholarship was in the Pacific region
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Governments of Australia and Vanuatu
- be able to satisfy admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
- be able to satisfy all immigration requirements for the study country. This may mean an award offer is withdrawn if the recipient cannot satisfy visa requirements
- applicants must declare connections or relationships with staff employed at the Australia Awards Vanuatu, another Australian-funded program or the Australian High Commission so applications are properly and transparently managed.