What can I study?
Australia Awards Scholarships provide citizens of Vanuatu with opportunities to obtain a tertiary qualification at an Australian tertiary institution, University of the South Pacific or Fiji National University. Australia Awards Scholarships are offered at undergraduate and post graduate levels.
Applications for study should align with the priorities identified in Vanuatu’s National Sustainable Development Plan 2016-2030 and the Australia-Vanuatu Aid Partnership 2016-19.
The Governments of Vanuatu and Australia have agreed on the following priority fields of study and areas of specialisation:
- agriculture, fisheries, forestry, biosecurity
- communications and journalism
- community services (including disability studies and community development)
- economics, commerce, business studies, business administration and accounting
- engineering and information technology
- environment and climate change
- foreign / policy and national security
- health and education
- policing and justice
- public administration, management, human resources, planning and project management
- tourism and marketing
Australia Awards Vanuatu are only available for courses listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) in line with the priority fields of study. This is the official Australian Government website that lists all Australian universities offering courses to international students. This website is a good place to start. These Australian universities offer courses to international students
Applicants must research Australian universities to find courses that best fit their academic background, career and leadership ambitions and which will enable them to contribute meaningfully to development in Vanuatu.
We recommend you consider the university location as well. Different cities have varying transport systems, climate, cost of living and availability of accommodation.
Applicants do not need an offer of place at a university when they apply, but they should visit university websites and make sure their preferred course is on CRICOS.