Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary to complete a chosen study program at an Australian or Pacific university.
The following benefits apply to all recipients of Australia Awards:
- full tuition fees
- a single return, economy class airfare (by the most direct route)
- an establishment allowance (as a contribution to initial accommodation expenses, text books, study materials etc)
- a fortnightly contribution to living expenses paid at a rate determined by the Australian Government
- a compulsory 4-6 week Introductory Academic Program (before formal studies commence)
- Overseas Student Health Cover to cover basic medical costs (except for pre-existing conditions) for the duration of the award. It is only available for the awardee.
In addition, some awardees may be entitled to the following benefits, depending on their courses of study and other circumstances:
- supplementary academic support to assist with academic success or enhance the academic experience
- reunion airfare
- disability support
- one return economy class airfare to Vanuatu or within Australia to undertake fieldwork for eligible research.
For full details of scholarship benefits, read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook and the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships Policy Handbook.
In accepting Australia Awards Scholarships, recipients agree:
- to commence in the agreed academic year and only undertake the approved study program
- not to hold another Australian Government scholarship other than an Australian Government supplementary award
- to reside in the country of study for the duration of the scholarship (apart from holidays, reunion visits or fieldwork visits)
- to satisfy all Australian or Fiji visa requirements
- not to undertake additional off-scholarship tertiary studies
- to be responsible for academic and personal conduct and obey national and state laws
- to contribute to Vanuatu’s development, after completing the scholarship
- to attend a pre-departure briefing and the Introductory Academic Program.